background

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Bad Habits

In Preach My Gospel it states that in overcoming habits and addictions, it helps to create short wins and to get lots of friend support.  So, I have decided to post on the blog my small achievements, ha. Landon has been "encouraging" me lately to grow out my nails. For anyone who knows me, this is no small endeavor. I think I can count on one hand the times that I have had all ten of my nails long--and two of those occasions had to do with wedding pictures.  I had to get fake ones for high school dances.  It's not that I bite them...anymore.  I guess I did when I was little.  But when my friend Shira and I decided we had to stop that, I shifted to just tearing them off.  It is such a habit that I don't realize I'm doing it most of the time.  It's the worst when I am sitting for long periods of time.  Since school for 17 years of my life entailed just such a manner of sitting, and my other love of movies includes the same, I have never seemed to be able to grow them out. I told my Mom that long nails has to creep up on me.  Once I notice them, I start to tear them apart.  It's only when I'm so busy that I don't have time to sit around much that I realize they are getting longer.  So anyway, Landon made a deal with me that if I grow out all of my nails that he will take me out to dinner wherever I want.  That was a good move--food is a pretty good incentive in my world.  I negotiated until he allowed that if I had 9 long nails, then it would pass. Ha.  So now I guess if I must ruin them, I can focus on one nail and leave the rest alone.  I bought a french manicure set to inspire myself.  I'm making some progress, at least.

2 comments:

  1. You're cracking me up! I am very impressed at your lofty ambition, though. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take prenatal vitamins. Those help your nails grow STRONG and FAST. Plus they're just good for you.

    ReplyDelete