background

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Feliz Cumpleanos!

Landon's birthday was last week!  Yes, the whole week; we like to celebrate for as many days as possible.  It started off with the first of a series of envelopes.  These are envelopes that he had seen the night before, and consequently couldn't sleep because he was too excited. "It's like Christmas, I just had too much anxiety."  His first envelope was lovin' from the Draney parents all the way in Washington, and came with a new Jimmer shirt, which he sported for the big day.  At 1:00 he opened his second envelope.  Since he has had back pain and problems for a while, his envelope lead him to a mysterious address that happened to be a spinal rehab place where they did some chiropractic manipulations and a massage.  He called me afterwards and the first thing he said was "That was GREAT!  Now I'm all loose."  He came to pick me up from work and was allowed to open his next envelope, which included a coupon for dinner at Tucanos.  Our server made sure he had the complete birthday experience and they sang to him with the drums and tambourine.  They made him and the other birthday boy at the next table "do their best Brazilian dancing" to earn the ice cream.  Landon's only disappointment was that they didn't let him play the tambourine during the song.




We got in some bowling too.  I "let" Landon win for his birthday... ;) For his next envelope he had to ask me if I had seen any good candles lately, which was my cue to bust out the cake.  The cake was more suited to Landon's fruit craze, so it was a little non-traditional.  Whitney and I sang a stunning rendition of what we could remember form the Red Robin birthday song, ha.  Lucky Landon had a bit easier time with blowing out the candles, since he only had two instead of the full 23, but at least then he gets his wish, right?  He also heard some great versions of happy birthday songs and raps from siblings and parents on both sides throughout the day, which was lots of fun.  
He finished up with opening some presents from Whitney and having to find my present in the apartment somewhere.  And he even has some shopping to look forward to, thanks to money from parents and grandparents!  


To complete the celebration, we went out with Whitney and the Hawkins cousins to iHOP for breakfast on Saturday.  The idea was to surprise him, but I'm not so good at those, and between him talking to me and his cousins enough beforehand, he pretty much knew.  But it was delicious all the same.  I must say that I am a fan of online birthday freebies--we really took advantage this time.  You should all look them up before your next celebration!


4 comments:

  1. I didn't know it was his birthday! Oh well, tell him happy belated birthday from us. Also, he's only 23?? What a young'n! Way to rob that cradle, Brit. You and Chris are so similar... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! That's funny, Lisa! :)

    Did you like our rap? We be thuggin. Shoooooot.

    And yay for bday freebies! We love those, too! I've gotta figure out Red Robin's new system before Michael's bday! Ahh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys sure know how to celebrate birthdays! We went to Tucanos for my birthday back in November. Delicious! Super cute blog, by the way! :) You should check ours out: rexandmolly.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never known anyone who works the birthday freebie system as well as you guys! You're my hero. Nice job on the cake!!

    ReplyDelete