background

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter!

I love Easter.  The Easter bunny definitely stopped by our place.  I woke up early to finish my lesson for Relief Society, so I did all my easter preparation while Landon was still in bed.  But when he was up, he made me go back and act like I was just waking up.  The Easter bunny left a note next to me as I "woke up" and literally hopped away, haha.  He told me "That was spontaneous...it just came to me." :)  I made Landon follow clues around the apartment to find all of his candy, and he had clues leading me to my basket in the place where he took me on a hunt last year while we were dating.  It was where he planned to have our first kiss, but it ended up happening later that day.  He said "Maybe I shouldn't bring you back here, it just reminds me of my failures." Cracks me up. We had to rush to make it to church!

Since we only have one car, we had to go shopping together and then avoid each other in the store so things could remain a surprise, ha.  We are nerds, but it's fun.  Landon even let me do a little shopping for some summer clothes.  He was supposed to be shopping for them too, but he just doesn't seem to like anything.  I never seem to have that problem...  We noticed that nothing for Easter has "Easter" in the name anymore.  Apparently it is too offensive to atheists, so they call eggs "Spring Spheres" and such.  RIDICULOUS! Landon and I both think that since it's a Christian holiday, we should be able to call it whatever we want.  If atheists are offended, then why are they celebrating our Christian holiday anyway?
Fun while shopping
The family that Landon home teaches brought us some awesome cupcakes


Church was great.  I did a lesson, so I had lots of time in preparing to think about the resurrection.  I found some great Mormon Messages videos, if anyone wants to watch them they are called "Sunday Will Come" and "An Apostle's Easter Thoughts on Christ" or something like that.  Later on Sunday we had a big dinner with Grandma Christensen.  Afterwards, since Steven Hawkins graduated, the whole Hawkins clan was around for a Rowley get together.  It was fun to see everyone again!  And we finished off the day coloring some eggs.  It was a great holiday.
Britney's eggs


Landon's eggs

2 comments:

  1. BAHAHAHAHAH I laughed so hard at the hopping away part, I need to meet this guy! I miss you so much, it would be so fun to have some good married friends around...Rusty and I still talk about good ol' BD all the time (that's what he calls you, even though you're initials have obviously changed) Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun Easter Bunny you have! I love how creative you guys are together. And your eggs are pretty awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete