background

Monday, July 18, 2011

Lobsters

It's official. I think I have my first real sunburn. I have had little ones before that maybe lasted a night and then turned into a tan.  Angie and Michael were never impressed. But this weekend Angie and I went to Seven Peaks water park for about 4 hours in the middle of the day. Despite putting on sunscreen multiple times, we both look like lobsters.  I think that's what you get for buying the cheap brand of sunscreen. I feel bad for Angie, because she burns a lot worse than I do, and she was already peeling from last week--so her pain is a bit more severe.  But my neck, back and shoulders are a bright red, and we have been reapplying aloe vera pretty regularly.  Man, I hate being sticky! But it was a pretty fun time, so it made it more worth it.  I even got Angie to go on some of the crazy high scary slides, like the Free Fall.  My personal favorite was the one that looked like a half pipe for skateboarders, just higher.  So you go down, and then back up, and then you go back down backwards.  We may or may not have screamed.  We got to try out all the slides, relax on the lazy river, swim in the wave pool, and have a pretty great time. I even won the race where they have 8 people go down this one slide headfirst on mats.  It was great.  Gotta love half off coupons!
Here is a view of two of the scarier slides.
Angie chickened out on the blue one--it goes straight
down from that hole to the bottom.  You even fly
 off the slide a little.  What a rush! :)

1 comment:

  1. Tell Ang its okay. I would chicken out of the slide you can't stay connected to, too! And I'm not sure I'm very sympathetic if that is your first sunburn ever.

    ReplyDelete