background

Monday, July 18, 2011

Buckets

That's what I affectionately call my sister :) Probably nobody knows why except Michael, maybe not even Angie, but it makes me smile.  Sometimes we call her Rooney (for Angarooney), or Angie Bear, but mostly I just call her Ang.  She's pretty much my hero this summer. When Landon left, I didn't know how I'd make it two months alone, but Angie decided to come for her summer between semesters at Central. She's probably pretty bored, and her ward is the most anti-social young adults group I have ever seen, but she is stickin' it out so I don't have to be here by myself. And what better person to have around. We are two years apart, and grew up doing everything together.  Aside from sharing a room, we we spent most of every day together.  We fought here and there, but we were always great friends. Some people say we bicker, but both of us just think the sarcasm is hilarious, and we don't see why they think we were mad at each other at all, ha.  We went through high school and friend groups, sports and mutual activities together.  She has always been someone I could talk to about boy-talk, ambitions, struggles, or whatever. She just listens, and loves you for it. Gets excited when you are excited, and sad for you when it's hard.  She's probably one of the most encouraging people I know.  She was my maid of honor at my wedding, and did everything she could think of to make it fun and perfect for me.  The funny thing is, the older I get the more I realize that we are very different in a lot of ways.  But that works out when you can use those differences to make each other happy.  The best part is that when I'm around her I always end up laughing, which is a good thing for me right now.  I thank God all the time that he blessed me with my sister.

3 comments:

  1. How great that your sister has been able to stay with you this summer! When does she head back? We are still down for having dinner with you guys sometime. Let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very sweet. Also, now that I've discovered your blog, I'm adding it to my list to keep up with you. :)

    ReplyDelete