background

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Practicing Compromise in Marriage

Landon's favorite thing to eat in the whole world is fruit.  I guess that is understandable coming from a fruit farmer.  Plus, it's about the only food group where he doesn't seem to be allergic to anything.  Favorite ice cream is vanilla with fruit on it.  For dinner he would rather peaches and cottage cheese than almost anything else.  The whole Rowley clan has amazing abilities in fruit consumption, really.  I'm pretty sure Makenna can eat a whole watermelon in one sitting.  My favorite indulgence is chocolate.  I blame my sisters.  I go to Tami's house and we make chocolate chip cookies every day because they are obviously better warm, so you might as well make a quick small batch each day than one big one and have old leftovers.  Not that we don't make enough for leftovers...  We get in conversations where she argues that white chocolate is not chocolate at all, just candy.  It doesn't have any cacao--which is essential to any chocolate worth eating.  I tend to agree.  Angie feeds me fudge covered oreos.  She's always coming up with healthy creations like that.  There's no way I was going to turn out anything but chocoholic.
So, what could be better than chocolate dipped strawberries?!  Pretty much nothing.  It's one of those simple pleasures in life.  Landon and I had some fun yesterday with the chocolate fondue dipping set we got from our wedding.  Rather than looking at it as an activity I do because I most enjoy things that involve eating, I think of it as a practice at compromise in our marriage.

2 comments:

  1. Still have the video where you're hiding in the closet eating old fudge. I feel like so few people can relate to my chocolate obsession.. another reason why I love you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. White chocolate IS just candy. But I agree with you that chocolate strawberries are pretty much the perfect food. I'll have to give you my crepe recipe. Then you can have chocolate and strawberries for breakfast!!

    ReplyDelete