background

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Discount Weekend!

Fortunately for us, this weekend was full of some fun events for low prices!  Our ward had a ski night where they subsidized some of the cost.  I think this is the first time in my life that I have gone skiing twice in one year!  (No wonder my skill level is not so high, eh).  I even hit some jumps and went down a black diamond for the first time on skis instead of a snowboard.  Woot Woot.  I only wrecked twice, and Landon was there to get my poles that went flying.  We decided to go exploring in some of the darker wooded areas too, which was pretty exciting.  Then we got free pizza afterwards.  We are all about the free food. It was really fun...and cold.
Us hanging out the sunroof of the limo
 Last night was BYUSA's Y-ball.  Landon and I got all dressed up in some formals and went for a catered dinner and dance.  Luckily a nice girl in our ward let me borrow a dress.  All of Landon's married cousins were there, so it was a fun time. We will post the pictures taken by the photographer of our group as soon as they get them online.  We got to boogie down with some swing, cha-cha, and even a polka.  So fun! Although, I will never understand how girls wear strapless dresses and don't have issues, because mine was sliding around all over while dancing--good thing I had an undershirt. 

Landon loves dips while dancing.
 Anyway, we even got to ride in a stretched limo for Landon's first time.  It was actually one of those stretched SUV limos, which was awesome.  Since we were the ones sitting underneath the sunroof, we got to stand with our heads out the top for fun :)  We realized this was the only dance we have been to together outside of our wedding.  Crazy.  It was a great night, and thanks to BYUSA it was all for free!




Just for fun, I'm throwing in a picture of our last FHE.  We had our neighbors over, and for the activity did an egg drop.  Our contraption worked amazingly well, and even after two drops and chucking it off the top level of the complexx, it was not even cracked.  We definitely won :)

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful in your formal!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a blast! :) I didn't know Yball was free--how awesome is that?! Shoot. Guess I'll just have to go back for my masters. :) Love the ice skating and "helping the guys out," too. :) Ha!

    ReplyDelete