background

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Love and Marriage

Did you sing the title when you read it?

So, I was at the chiropractor yesterday, watching Tyson while Landon took his turn on the rehab machines. I overheard two girls talking. (I wasn't eavesdropping, they were just talking pretty loudly and animated, so it's really hard not to notice;). Anyways, one of them says
"My parents are just so pushy.  I was just thinking 'Why would marriage even be an option in my mind again'. I mean really, who is happy in marriage??! Tell me."
And of course the girl she is talking to just agreed with her.  My first thought was, "Wow, someone is obviously bitter and slightly dramatic."  and "You really should get to know some happier people." But really, it just made me sad. She had a bad experience, so she chooses to look at everyone else's relationships in a negative light. It just got me thinking. I'm glad I have the gospel in my life. I had some pretty rotten experiences too, but the Savior helped me forgive, and keep a hope of finding a deep-down good man, like my brothers and father. And I did. When that girl went on her rant, I just wanted to raise my hand and say "I am. I am happy to be married!" But I didn't, because I didn't want them to know I was listening in, ha. But for the record, I'm telling anyone who reads this. Marriage takes work, but I am happy to have a wonderful guy to share in my happy times and my sad times. I enjoy trying to figure out parenting with him, and I am happy when I am together with my little family.  I am happily married, and I plan on keeping it that way for eternity.  

3 comments:

  1. Me, too. :) I'm so glad (for you, and for me)! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always believed happiness is a decision. Your cute little family reflects the decisions you've made to have a good attitude, make good choices (you DO have a great man), and BE happy. Love you all.

    ReplyDelete