background

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Decisions, Decisions

Since our computer has issues, I can't get any pictures from my dropbox to my blog. So, my blogs might be boring without pictures until we buy a new one. Sorry.  But I was laughing at little Tyson yesterday, and I thought I would share.
The doctor and internet say that at 9 months, I should start giving my son more options, so that he learns to make choices (which is probably good, because Landon and I are both incredibly indecisive). And, I can see what preferences he is developing. So, at lunch I decided that I would put both a yogurt bite and a Puff on his tray, and see which he chose to pick up first. Of course, he has two hands, so he went for the best of both worlds.  He is learning now how to pick things up with just his thumb and forefinger, and how to successfully get that into his mouth by turning the wrist a little. Who knew there were so many skills involved in eating, huh. So it took him a second to pick them both up, but he was pretty proud of himself.
So, I decided to throw in another puff, just to make things interesting. Would he grab the yogurt bite, or just stick with Puffs? He is definitely his parents' child. He sat for a minute or two and figured out how to pick up two with one hand and one with the other. Then he looked up at me with a big grin. Why settle for two, when you can have three, right? So much for making him choose.

2 comments:

  1. This cracks me up! Darwin did the same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard stories of Grandpa C doing that to us with candy. It is just too much fun to watch them squirm.

    ReplyDelete