background

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Catching up

So, I have put off posting lately because I couldn't find our camera, and what's a post without pictures?! But I have resigned to the fact that the camera is lost for the immediate future, so I will attempt to catch up without it. 
We went to Las Vegas last month to see Michael and Anita.  Since Landon had never been, we figured this was the best time to go while we had someone to stay with :) It was a quick trip, but we crammed as much entertainment in as we could.  Landon especially liked the Shark Reef, which was one of the only things we paid for, along with the amazing goodness from the Ghirardelli place.  Most of the time we were at the free attractions, and we even had free tickets to the comedy magic show--Thanks Michael and Anita! For pictures and details, I will refer you to Anita's Vegas Blog, since it's so masterfully written.  It was a fun surprise to see the Toblers at church!! I love that family. 
We were also able to go home for Thanksgiving! There seemed to be an intense amount of driving during the weekend, but it was worth it. Landon spent lots of time in the middle of nerf gun warfare with the nephews.  I was enlisted as a dragon, a tiger, and a target--depending on how many other people were involved.  Angie and I made pies again this year--which means a lot of loopy laughter. I don't know what it is about making pies, but Angie and I crack up every time. We enlisted Mom, Lindee and Landon to help with the fillings, so it went pretty quickly.  The dinner was beautiful, thanks to Tami's preparations and everyone's cooking. It was great to spend time with everyone again. I realized it had been almost a year since we saw the Cutler family!!
On Friday we headed over to the Rowley cabin and enjoyed some snow-shoing, and I watched as Landon went sledding and snowmobiling. All the kids definitely got our groove on with the Wii dance game, which never ceases to amuse me.  We were even able to watch Brent's football team win the semi-finals (and they have since won state!). It was a fun trip!

Now we are getting into the holiday gear for Christmas.  We had to buy a tree this year, which is ridiculously expensive.  Guess who we ran into at the tree lot!!
Tow Mater!


After some disagreements on how the lights and ornaments should go, we finally got it all up and decorated! 

And here is me and my belly, at 16.5 weeks!  I had a picture at 12 for comparison, but that was lost with the camera.  I'm sure you can kinda remember how I was before, right :)  All of our tests so far have come out great, so this baby is healthy so far. 

3 comments:

  1. Yay for a Christmas tree and yay for the baby bump! How fun! We went to Vegas for Thanksgiving. I regret not knowing that there is a Ghirardelli place there. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made Little Scooter's day with that Mater picture! "Can we go there? I want to go to Utah. I want to meet that guy SO BAD. Can he talk?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad you guys made the trips--Vegas & Thanksgiving! :) Can't wait to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete