background

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Rough Week

First, our co-ed volleyball team of siblings and cousins made it to the championships.  (I, of course, could not do much jumping, so I was the setter).  The semi-finals were a close, and hard battle, but we made it!  With a team name of "The Cherry-Pickers", our huddles included motivational talk about the cannery, and other farm metaphors.  Then, on Thursday, we had to duke it out with the final match.  We won the first game, but faltered a little on the second and had to go into a third.  Sadly, we ended up losing by two points.  It was a heartbreaker.  But it was fun, and we represented pretty well. Landon was pretty bummed that he did not get a T-shirt.

Second, while sitting on the couch I noticed our tree sagging a little to one side.  It makes sense, I guess--we put all of the ornaments and decorations on the front.  But I figured it would be fine. Poor Landon walked up later and the tree attacked him.  Well, it started tipping over, but with his cat-like reflexes he caught it, and we were able to get it back up.  Yet, it still seems to lean a little.


Third, while I was driving over to the grocery store (about 100 yards away), I suddenly heard some funny noise every time the tire rotated.  I realized that my tire was going flat.  Luckily I was close enough to walk back home and get Landon to help me, but he definitely had to change the tire in the cold.  I told him he won the "hero of the day" award, if that was any consolation.



It's been a rough week!

1 comment:

  1. The Hero of the Day is a VERY sought after award in our house! You should tell Landon it is quite an honor. It is usually reserved for the lucky one who finds a binky, or other such necessary item.

    ReplyDelete