background

Monday, March 26, 2012

March Fun

I'm a little behind... but this was our breakfast on St. Patrick's Day.  We had green waffles.  
And I finally made triple fudge pound cake for Landon to try yesterday.  I just love that stuff.  We had it with some strawberries for fun.
We took these pictures just for fun to mess with the new camera. But they make me smile. 



Landon says this one makes him look tall :)

I have been doing some thinking and trying to get ready for the baby.  It's a little overwhelming. Mainly because I am what I would call a sprinter in life.  I live my life the way I do conditioning :) I would much rather run sprints than distance because I can see the end, which helps me keep my perspective and push hard.  I really have no skills or discipline at pacing myself.  In long distance, the end is so far that I lose sight of how I wanted to run the race, and I just do what I have to to get by.  I think that's what scares me. Having a baby is not something where there's an end in sight. Your responsibility as a mother is forever after you have the baby. I want to be a good mother.  So I'm trying to think of little goals and things I want to do along the way and make a list now.  I have a feeling that once I'm in the middle of it, I will forget that perspective, and just do the bare minimum to get by. If anyone has any suggestions for cool things that you did with/for your baby in the first year, or how to set good goals with them, I'm always up for suggestions. 


1 comment:

  1. I think your best bet is to toss the goals and just make sure you look in your baby's eyes every day (no matter how old they are), and laugh. Look for the reasons to laugh every day. Enjoy the ride because you find all too soon it is more of a sprint than you thought at the beginning. You'll be a GREAT mom. I can't wait to see it all.

    ReplyDelete