background

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

She's Crafty!

The post title comes from a song that my sister's friends made about her in college. It just came to mind, haha. While Landon has been studying like crazy for finals, I decided to get crafty and make some things to get ready for the baby.  People tell me it's that "nesting" thing kicking in.  I just finished a carseat cover. I still have to buy cute buttons to decorate the straps, but other than that, it's done. 


 I also decided to try making a nursing cover, because they looked easy enough, ha. 

Lately we have been trying to find things to decorate the baby's room (Landon doesn't like when I call it a nursery. He thinks it sounds British, ha. Or reminds him of Peter Pan).  Since we're on a budget, I'm trying to do things that make it color coordinated without buying too much.  I decorated these frames to match the bedding set with the Modge Podge I had on hand and a couple pieces of scrapbook paper.


We left our camera at Levi's house, so I will have to catch up on things with Easter and Conference later when I have the pictures, but I was excited to have finished my projects, so I wanted to post them.

4 comments:

  1. These are so cute! Did you use a pattern for the nursing cover? You are one impressive, crafty lady! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You're good! I love the modge podge idea to add more of your theme/color to the room. And how did you get all the sewing skills in the family?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I started out with a pattern, but after buying the stuff I kinda just did what worked

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way cute, Britney! The frames turned out really good! I love the one with the boxes in the corners. Cute!

    ReplyDelete