background

Wednesday, February 1, 2012


Here's me at 25 weeks pregnant. He's starting to stick out!
There's nothing crazy important in this post. Just a little on our week. Landon and I were so excited to finally get people to come to choir this week. We tried a new time, and made cinnamon rolls/orange rolls. We decided we should have changed one variable at a time, because now we can't pinpoint why it was so much more successful. I just don't know if I can promise something like cinnamon rolls every time, so I"m gonna tell myself it was the different meeting time...

 You know how you when make a plate of treats, and you put saran wrap on, it ruins all the frosting?! This is Landon's device made of straws to keep that from happening. I had to laugh, but it worked pretty well.

 So, I especially bought the carrots in the bigger bag this week so they would have a re-closeable top. Apparently Landon didn't notice that difference, and punched a hole in the other end. He thought that warranted a picture...

We invited some friends over for FHE this week. For the activity we took an idea from our brother David and carved zucchinis into boats and then raced them down the river outside our house. 


These guys were intense. They even carved in designs, put on the floating things on the sides, and made sails. Sadly, the boats got pretty caught in the side brush, and lost most of the additions before they really floated down the river.  But we won, just thought I'd throw that in there.


 And I know this is weird timing, but I finished making stockings for next year. We had to do them after Christmas because that was when we had access to the embroidering machine  (Thanks Grandma Rowley!). We had fun picking the different fabrics (which took a while because Landon and I are both opinionated in our attention to detail), sewed the stripes, quilted them, and sewed them all together. I thought they turned out fun. I don't sew all that often, so it was a fun project.


Landon had to make sure it fit

2 comments:

  1. The stockings turned out really cute! And, it fits! Ha. :) You guys crack me up. Let's live closer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stockings turned out really cute! (And I can't even tell Landon's is different). I think in psych I learned that variable rewards are the best reinforcers, so if you can only bring cinnamon rolls every once in a while, and nobody knows when, that might even work best!! :)

    ReplyDelete