background

Monday, January 23, 2012

Chicken Pox

I've really got to learn to take pictures in the moment better. Yesterday Landon came running into the room while I was on the phone.  He loudly whispered "I have the chicken pox" while trying to get my attention. I looked over at him and he really did have red dots all over his face.  But I know him better than this, and I said "what is it really? I don't believe you." He gave a shocked look, and said "No, really". I thought it was dryer lint or something of the sort, so I wiped at his face, but the spots didn't go away. The lighting in the room wasn't great, so I could not for the life of me decide what these spots were that looked convincingly like chicken pox. But I was mid-conversation on the phone, and just laughed and told him "I don't believe you".  He just laughed. When I got off the phone I kept asking him what it was, he finally told me. Apparently this is a perpetual problem for him.  When he blows out the big candle in the kitchen, he gets a little too close.  The red wax sprays back up at him, and he ends up with reds wax spots all over that look like some sort of pox. Smooth.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome. That made me laugh out loud. (Except I have spattered candle wax on things before, too. Not my face. yet).

    ReplyDelete