background

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Christmas vacation

 It's already 2012! Crazy.  Do you think the world will end this december?  Anyways, I am just going to give some highlights of our vacations at home.  Sadly, we lost our camera, and don't have very many pictures...
Fun with the Rowley Family

  • We got to go through the temple with Whitney for her first time, which was pretty special.  They even asked Landon and I to be the witness couple, which was a first for us.  
  • We spent some time with Grandma Allsop.  I love that woman! She's an awesome example of faith and strength, and she's spunky too. 
  • The whole family took part in acting out the nativity, which I haven't done for years.  And of course, since I'm pregnant I even got the star role of Mary :)  We also got to hear each other's testimonies about the Savior and Christmas, which was a highlight of the vacation for me. I think with both of our families, we have an amazing support system of faith and strength.
  • This year, the annual tradition of waking up Ma and Pa was with a flash mob.  Even Kaden learned the sweet dance!  I think they probably liked that better than squirt guns at 6 in the morning, at least.
  • Opened presents and then went to a great sacrament meeting.  I love Christmas on Sunday!  We spent the rest of the day playing all of the new games everybody got. 


We also spent a couple days at the cabin:

  • Landon was able to work with Grandpa Rowley on a crib for our baby!  It looks like it will turn out awesome; we are really excited. Grandma also helped me embroider some fabric so we can have our own stockings next year.  
  • Even though it rained for 2 of 3 days, Landon still got in a snowmobile ride, and even saw some bucks up on the mountain. He also went sledding with the siblings. 
  • Joyce and I learned a new crochet stitch.  She says she just might be able to be a legitimate Grandma if she practices :) And I also got in some good wii dancing.
  • There was lots of excitement as David got engaged to Becky! He even asked at the same spot as us, so it's becoming a family tradition. Landon said they made that bench at the top of the mountain with proposals in mind, so it's fulfilling its purpose.

We had a blast with the family!

With the Draneys:

  • With the Draneys, we got to go caroling with most of the family.  I was losing my voice, but it held up ok.  It's always fun to go to those families that are expecting us, and who act like we are good, ha.
  • We got to make ornaments. Landon thought his looked like it was made by a 1st grader, but I thought they turned out pretty great.
  • Chris blessed his baby Hannah, and the whole family was able to be there.


Michael cracked me up in this one, so I thought I would throw it in.
I love times when the men of my family get to exercise their priesthood
together, it makes me really appreciate the spiritual giants that I grew up with.
We had some time to play games with all of the siblings.  Landon did some practicing at peek-a-boo with our nephew.

Playing baseball with the kiddos. Love our nephew copying
Landon's catcher stance.

Originally they were helping the nephews build with legos.
But after the nephews left, they had to finish their own cars.
We went to Dad's gig and really livened up the dance floor! 
Walked in wearing shirts like the band and rocking on the guitars.
 And drank some root beer/cream soda (which we prefer over sparkling cider) while watching the ball drop.
 Then shot off some fireworks. It was a blast :)
Not sure whose bright idea it was to light them all at once...
while simultaneously pointing it at the person across from you.
Of course you have to run around with sparklers so it's cooler


Michael was Italian mafia, Tami a hussy (pretty much), Mom a gypsie, and lots of other fun costumes...
 I think the murder mystery dinner was pretty fun. It was Italian, with names like Pepi Roni, Tara Misu, Marco Roni, etc. ha. Landon even shaved to make his beard look really Italian, and people were speaking with whatever Italian accent they could figure out, which cracked me up.  I think most of the time it was more mexican with a twist. Chris ended up being the murderer, you gotta watch out for that guy.
Our nephews and nieces.  That's right, we have two girls now :)


And here's my belly bump picture at about 22 weeks.


1 comment:

  1. Haha your family always makes me laugh. Looks like so much fun. You also have a stinkin cute baby bump...love it. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete