background

Friday, November 4, 2011

Masquerade

I have been singing the song from Phantom of the Opera all weekend. Not because I have heard the song lately, but because I went to my first masquerade ball, so I sang it for fun and it got stuck in my head. But yes, we went to a masquerade ball put on for charity last Thursday.  It was a fun reason to dress up, and we got to wear those fun masks. Landon didn't love his because it greatly limited his field of vision, but sometimes you just have to sacrifice.  We decided on our way to the dance that we needed to eat first, and drove up to the Burger King window with our masks on.  It was great to watch the guy try to hold it in, while the girls behind him were laughing.



I just threw this one in cause Landon's face makes me laugh.

Anyways, we saw David and Becky, and Whitney was there with friends. Landon always comes up with some crazy dance moves, so that keeps things exciting.  I think my favorite quote of the night was while we were sitting down and eating cupcakes.  David turned to me and said, "I think my dancing embarrasses Becky," ha. I told him she'll just have to teach him, like I've been doing with Landon. We have lots of dance parties at our house to practice.  I must admit, there has been improvement. We have a good time, which is the important part, right?  Anita and I have discussed this several times.  Honestly, I think it all has to do with how confident you are when you pull off your moves. There are plenty of people out there who aren't really on beat and look ridiculous, but nobody notices because they do it with such confidence. So our goal is always to dance with flare!

3 comments:

  1. Yes! That's so cool you got to go to a masquerade! Now I'm gonna get that song in my head... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep trying to convince me its all in the confidence, but someone who dances like me has a difficult time finding confidence...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok so no new blog post...just a ticker that says you have a peach baby??!! That's awesome! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete