background

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Hayride!

Landon and I decided it would only be fitting for us to make a visit to the Rowley Red Barn this fall. It is owned by cousins of Landon's Dad, and the farms are where Mike grew up.  Plus, we heard they have hayrides and fresh apple cider donuts, so really, that's all we needed.   We packed up in the car and drove the half hour to Santequin--which seems to be a sketchy town in my opinion.  I've only been there three times, and every time I run into same-sex couples, and Landon tells me there are polygamists down there.  But that's besides the point.
We went inside and looked around to find that it is a lot like "The Country Mercantile" at home.  They have some delicious ice cream, and the aforementioned donuts.  I think we were the only ones who watched the whole video playing about how they make their cider, complete with commentary from Landon about what was different from the farm at home. We talked about wanting the apple butter and cherry salsa, but we're too cheap to actually buy any. And then we headed outside to the hayride.

I'm not sure you appreciate how excited I was for the hayride.  I have never been on one, you see. And you can't get to adulthood without having experienced a hayride, in my opinion.  I was a little let down when it came and there was no actual hay--they were too high class and had actual benches instead.  Landon, being allergic, was perfectly happy with that trade.  But on the way back we got in the wagon with the hay, so I was satisfied.  When our tractor driver was a little delayed, I had to hold Landon back from hopping on and taking over.  We got to pick our pumpkins, went through a maze made out of apple bins, and took some fun pictures.   Landon even got to meet a couple of the relatives.  All in all, I would say it was a fun day.



Landon was just sure this was one of Grandpa Rowley's trucks.




Not sure what these faces are about, but I'm pretty sure they have
something to do with ghosts.

1 comment:

  1. What a cute place! I have to keep my hubby from taking over tractors whenever we get too close, too.

    ReplyDelete