background

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Summer Lovin'

I love summer. Only when it's HOT outside do you just want to jump into freezing water and not think twice. I love it. Tyson and I have been to a few play groups or parks and he is beginning to love the water activities. I use him as an excuse to play in them myself :) 

He has some hand-me-down water clothes. The shirt is borderline too small and the shorts are pretty long, so he's just a thug. I love it. 

A couple of weeks ago we got to go with Nana and Papa Draney to feed the ducks/geese. Chris and Lisa were in town. It's hilarious to see Tyson with Hannah. He is so excited to see someone his size that he has to give her hugs or pats. 
With the huge geese, at first he was a little nervous.  They are bigger than he is.



But then he decided he was going to chase them. It was awesome, but I had to make sure he didn't get pecked at. He was a little too daring.




Just thought I'd show a pic of him trying on my shoes. He comes all day long saying "Shzz" and trying to have me put them on so we can go outside.


We also got to take a few days and go to our first DRANEY FAMILY REUNION. It was awesome. So fun to see some of my cousins that have moved so far away! Tyson loved the sand, but not so much the water.



It was the Washington coast so Landon and I thought we might try wetsuits for some warmth. It turned out the water was pretty warm anyway, so we had lots of fun trying to boogie board and ride the waves. I think the beach is my favorite place to be of anywhere. I love the waves, playing sports on the beach, the sand castles--or this time it was a huge hole to China--the laid back beach atmosphere, the small-town shops, the kite-flying, it's all great.  We even got to light some fun fireworks. A few of them would shoot off a parachute, so we had races to see who could catch it. It was great. Landon was pretty proud that he won--although he cheated. He is kinda known in my family for cheating, ha. But he's so funny about it they don't get mad.



We also stayed in a house that had air hockey, ping pong and pool, and a hot tub, so we made sure to get in our share. It was a great and relaxing trip before the cherry harvest!

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you. I totally love running through the sprinklers more than my kids do. I even made one for them so I could run through it...

    ReplyDelete