background

Saturday, September 29, 2012

Progress

I decided it's about time I update.  If anyone read my post about Landon's cooking ideas, then you might appreciate this pic. I had company coming, so I was avoiding the eyes watering. 

We saw the movie Julie and Julia, and the part where she is practicing cutting onions and the husband came in cracked me up. It totally reminded me of this, ha. 

Ty is now 5 months old!! Yay. He's still alive, so we must be doing something right, eh. He's now at the stage where everything goes in his mouth. Thumbs, feet, toys, flowers...you name it. I'm told this is normal :)



He has also found his voice. All day long he is squealing or trying it out, it just makes me laugh a lot. This will be our first normal church meetings since the discovery, which will be a whole new kind of interesting during sacrament, I'm sure.


He's getting some cute cheeks, and little more hair. So I like to experiment sometimes. I'm told I should just leave him to do his own hair when he's old enough. 


He has also learned to turn over from his back to his tummy. So putting him to bed has some added difficulty. But he's a pro--4 times the first day.
I'm not really sure what was going on here. Landon claims that he was showing him how to use the toys. I think he just wanted to try it out.


As far as our family news, we got to go bowling with some of the Rowley fam. It was really not my night. I kept getting 9's, which as everyone knows, is so close to being amazing, but leaves your score pretty unimpressive. Here's my reaction to one of the bowls--Landon was so kind as to document it. Can I just say, I want bowling shoes for every day use. 


Ry was daring enough to show up at the Wilk in complete Boise attire right after we lost to them. 


And Ty was pretty amazed by the whole thing, especially the lighting. Becky and David would hold him before their turn for good luck, ha. Landon did pretty good the first game. We did some crazy bowls on the second round, which changed his score a bit. I, on the other hand, did just as well lefty and crazy as I did when I really tried. Figures. Becky was going for the Obama bowl--a 37 in 7 frames.  Sadly, she and Landon were close, but missed it.


 And we went to another football game. Ty was all dressed and ready. 





3 comments:

  1. Nice safety goggles. I just figured it's probably a good idea anytime you're cooking...
    Kiss that CUTE boy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that close up of Tyson! So stinking cute! :) Can't wait to see you guys!! Michael's goggles are out from Darwin playing with them, so maybe when I'm making dinner tonight, I will have to give this theory a try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The goggles!! Oh, this makes me miss you.

    ReplyDelete