background

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

This and That

School has begun and we are on a schedule again.  I love fall. Landon started his classes, and he was even lucky enough to get into a research opportunity with a couple of professors in his field.  They are studying the effects of barefoot running on the arches or something like that.  We don't know all the details because he is just getting started, but it should be interesting.  He is also planning to start a course for the MCAT sometime this year, so his schedule is pretty full.  For some reason he has taken over the ironing board as his desk.  He seems to like that better than the actual desk where we have the computer.  Maybe because the height is adjustable? Or it has more space? Whatever gets him good grades works for me, I guess.
I am still plugging along in my job, and Trina Hawkins and I got onto a soccer team for intramurals, which should be fun.  My job has picked up a little, as they have turned over some of the legal responsibilities of monitoring our trademarks to me, as well as doing the voice and editing for some of our marketing and support videos.  I'm going to be famous to all the nerds now, or at least my voice will be :)  Our team of employees went on a field trip last week to Park City.  Not only did we get to go on the Alpine slide and coaster paid for by the company, we were getting paid to be there!  Love it.
Here are all the employees at the office. 

They have slides down the mountain, and you are on
wheels. It's intense.

We are enjoying having more siblings around.  David and Makenna are now at BYU with us, and Whitney is still in the area.  We have been getting together on Sundays to have dinner together, and David even brought Becky out for a double date with us last weekend.  Landon was nice enough to take me to Color Me Mine--a place where you paint pottery and they fire it for you.  I have wanted to go for years.  D did a BYU turtle and the rest of us did mugs.  It tested our creative abilities.  We laughed because we were all so quiet at times, concentrating so hard.  Painting in the lines was always a challenge for me, let alone not even having lines and having to make up your own design!  I'll put up pictures after I get them from David, it was a lot of fun.

2 comments:

  1. Color Me Mine sounds fun. I've always wanted to do that, too, but then I think about how much junk we just moved (okay, it wasn't all junk) and don't want to purchase another thing in my life. Except a flatscreen. And a new purse. And a pair of black flats . . . Oh dear. We're doomed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy Cow! They obviously did not see pictures from your sledding train incident before they let you ride that slide with wheels. What were they thinking of? Not the insurance nightmare, clearly. Please do fill me in on the results of Landon's study. It is a HOT book group debate here. I'd love to hear the final conclusion!!

    ReplyDelete