background

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

I woke up this morning and looked at the clock to realize that I never set my alarm last night.  Doh! That's a killer when you have to be to work earlier than usual. I'm sure I woke Landon up as I freaked out getting out of bed.  The poor guy doesn't have class for another two hours, but he wakes up anyway.  On most days he will get up and get me breakfast.  He knows me too well--if it were up to me I would grab something on my way out the door that is generally not healthy and not sufficient. Anything to sleep an extra minute or two. He even puts together some snacks and hides them in my purse for when I get hungry later. Not today--it was Waffle Wednesday at the office, so I would be getting breakfast there. In his grogginess, he looks around to see how he can help me in my rushed frenzy to get ready.  I come out of the bathroom and he has found the keys and got my purse and laptop together, handing them to me as I give him a hug and a kiss and run out the door.
He's pretty great.  Even on the days when he has to be to class the same time as I leave for work, he will do the same thing.  I try to do a good share of the housework because I don't have homework to do, but he always comes to do dishes or cook and work beside me--often pulling me to dance with him for a minute in the kitchen.   On some days at work, like today, I get a note in my bag.  Or on others, like yesterday, I get a picture that he took on his phone of something that reminded him of me, with a quick text.  He just makes me smile.  But he doesn't have to do all that to make me smile.  I just like to be around him.  He's always willing to try new things with me and we have a lot of fun together.  I get excited whenever he comes home. His sense of humor cracks me up, but I must admit that the best times are when he says random thoughts and doesn't realize he said them out loud until I bust up laughing.  Most of all, he listens.  He listens when I'm excited, or when I'm frustrated with life, or when I'm just a hormonal wreck of emotions :) For a girl like me (or any girl, in my opinion) who just has to talk and feel understood, he is perfect. Slow to pass judgement, but quick to give support.  So when I come to him for advice, or I need a Priesthood blessing, not only is he always worthy, he's prepared because he knows what I struggle with.
At times, like now when we have to make big decisions about careers and life, it is very clear that we are different--he's a country boy and I'm a city girl.  But I still know that we will be ok.  We are both trying and learning, and I couldn't ask for anyone better to go through life with as I learn.

3 comments:

  1. AND, he drives an hour both ways to come bring his in-laws peaches and visit for an hour when it's past his bedtime! You've got a winner!! :) (Love the Halloween pic).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute post! Lovin' the Halloween theme!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You married someone exactly like your brother, I hope you know. Haha.

    ReplyDelete