background

Monday, June 13, 2011

Last Saturday!

I suppose the title may be a bit ominous.  It's not the last Saturday ever, but it is the last one where I will see Landon here in Provo for possibly two months.  So we decided to live it up.  We went on a hike that I found and have wanted to see.  It has a couple of waterfalls, and some hot springs where you can swim.  I thought it was really pretty, and we had a lot of fun.  




This guy was just chillin in the middle of the trail.  Landon told me "Hold on, just a minute" and ran off. He comes back with a huge boulder and chucks it at the snake.  It was uncanny aim, because from that far away he still hit it straight on the cranium!  It recoiled a bit, and then seemed pretty disoriented, because it tried to slither away, but kept backing up and going different directions. It reminded me of that drunk snake on Disney's Robin Hood.  Landon held me back until he deemed it safe to cross.  That's what I keep him around for--to handle the scary snakes.





We even climbed up in that hole behind the waterfall which was pretty fun.  Landon thought I was crazy, but I talked him into it.

The hot springs were just to the side of the stream.  We avoided the spring with the nude man and went further down to another one, ha.  I didn't notice, but Landon told me not to look.  After the hike we went swimming at home to cool off, and then got ready to pick up Whitney for 
THE OREM FAIR!
There was a fun parade with some pretty cool floats.  Landon even caught a free tie from the Missionary Mall float.  He wore it loose with his "hottie shirt", as he calls it, so he wouldn't have to hold it all night, and to look "GQ" of course.

Landon tagged along as Whitney and I stopped in all of the jewelry tents.  But how can you pass up $2 necklaces! We got some great gelati, and then got back to our blanket to watch the awesome fireworks show.
After three pictures, we decided this was the best.  The fair rides in the background kept putting crazy lights across our faces.


Landon wanted me to pick the fireworks pictures that "captured the FURY of the finale".  I did my best. Imagine some ground-shaking "BOOM"s and incredibly bright flashes.  Just so you do not err in assuming that our photography is almost professional in timing, I will admit that these are two of about 45 shots of the fireworks, ha.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, it sounds like you guys had a great Last Saturday! :) I'm glad your sister's coming into town so you don't have to be all by yourself when Landon leaves.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun times! We can't wait to see you!!

    Also, Landon says things almost exactly like Michael. Weird. And funny. Ha. :)

    ReplyDelete