background

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Ahem...Attention Please

I would like to announce that I am officially domestic.  I spend my weeknights scrapbooking and crocheting while Landon studies, ha.  But the crochet skill is new.  My good mother taught me to sew while I was growing up--though my talents still leave something to be desired.  But I have always looked in envy as my older sisters could knit and crochet cute things for babies and I never acquired that skill.  We keep saying we should get together and teach each other, because I used to be the only one who really sewed and used a surger, and they could work the needles.  Together we could make a whole Grandma :) But over the last couple of holidays, both Tami and Angie took some time to show me the basics.  Bless their hearts.  I still didn't really know what I was doing until I tried making something.  So, when I saw Janet and Heidi making headbands at the cabin, I was determined to learn.  They tolerated my numerous questions and slowly I am getting the hang of it.  My first finished product was not amazing, but I started another one now that I know what I did wrong :)  So yes, that's my announcement.  I can kind of crochet.  Someday maybe I will try the whole knitting thing, but right now one needle is complex enough.

1 comment:

  1. Martha Stewart, look out! I bet she can't wield a three foot long power drill to install a porch like you do. That is serious domestication.

    ReplyDelete