background

Friday, December 10, 2010

Becoming a Tech Wiz 101

 So, if you have not heard from us in a while... you might still have known that I was unemployed--it lasted a while. At least it seemed that way to me.  It really was only about a month, including Thanksgiving break.  But I pretty much hate the job-application and interviewing process.  Plus, when all you have to do all day is run errands and finish all those projects that you have never had time for, I feel like it has been a long time.  But you need not feel sorry for me.  I am now a workin' girl!  I am working for a software company that develops new applications for Apple.  The two CEO's needed an administrative assistant, and already I am pretty busy.  The main challenge so far is that I have to become somewhat of a "tech-y" to keep up with my surroundings.  I realize that I have somehow avoided the whole ipod and iphone craze, and I have never really used a Mac--until two days ago in my interview when they gave me an on-the-spot test of my skills.  My favorite.  Now, technology is pretty much my world.  They tell me that in a couple of weeks I will wonder why I ever put up with Windows, but we'll see.  I can now check my email, texts or voicemails all at one time in the palm of my hand.  I never understood why you would ever want to be so available, so that your email, calendar reminders, voicemails and phone calls can all reach you even when you are not at work or sitting by a computer, but I am learning to appreciate it all.  Maybe someday I will learn how to actually use all of these "modern conveniences". Until then, I figure, I look cool holding them, right?

3 comments:

  1. Macs are soooo much better. I love mine! And if we could afford it (and I didn't break things so easily) I would love to have an iPhone too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe loves me to have email in the palm of my hand so I have no excuse for not answering him, but mostly I just hold it to look cool, too. Or don't hold it, but leave it in the car, and just have to try to be cool without it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the job! Can't wait to see you guys!

    ReplyDelete